Children and Family Sessions:
Signature Session: $275
The Signature Session includes a pre-consultation over the phone, via e-mail, or preferably in-person, the photographer’s time and talent in capturing your images, and post production work. Clients are typically presented with a gallery of approximately 30-40 beautiful color images and a select few presented in black and white at the photographer’s choice. All photography sessions take place on location. This can be either in your home, at a desired location, or we can sometimes do both. Signature Sessions typically last about one hour and the result is a truly unique and enjoyable experience for children and parents alike. The session fee does not include prints; these are purchased separately. Please contact me for a full price list.
Extended Session: $375
The Extended Session is a beefed up version of the Signature Session and a favorite among clients. This session will allow us to have more time to be fun and push our creative limits. Instead of 30-40 images, you will get approximately 60-80 images. Extended sessions are recommended for large families, seniors, and engagement shoots. The session fee does not include prints; these are purchased separately. Please contact me for a full price list.
Maternity Session $75
The Maternity Session includes a pre-session phone consultation over the phone, via e-mail, or preferably in-person, the photographer’s time and talent in capturing your images, and post production work. All photography sessions take place on location. Maternity Sessions typically last about 30-45 minutes and are a great way to capture the anticipation of your baby's arrival and, of course, your beautiful baby belly! The session fee does not include prints; these are purchased separately. Please contact me for a full price list.
Newborn Session: $175
Ideally scheduled within the first 6-10 days after birth.
Capturing teeny-tiny babies right after they are born is one of my favorite photography experiences to be a part of! There is something so special about working with such a brand new little gift. My newborn session is designed to be as stress-free and positive as possible for both the baby and parents. The session can be held in the comfort of your home and is very relaxed, often lasting 2-3 hours to allow plenty of time for eating, changing, and cuddling between photographs. The best time to schedule this session is within the first 6-10 days after your baby's birth. During this time, babies usually retain some of the natural curl from before they were born. Newly born babies are also more sleepy and pliable for the most desired poses. For these reasons, please call to book your newborn session as early as possible. It is best to secure your session prior to your baby's birth, it ensures that I can fit your baby into my schedule as soon after the birth as possible. The session fee does not include prints; these are purchased separately. Please contact me for a full price list.
Baby's First Year Package: $775 (or $275 per session)
Capture all of the firsts in your little one’s life with the Baby’s First Year Package. This year-long package features three custom photo sessions which document your child at 3 months, at about 6 months (when baby is able to sit up), and at his or her first birthday. At the conclusion of the year, select your favorite image from each session and receive a storyboard featuring these images. This session fee does not include prints; these are purchased separately. Please contact me for a full price list.
The “Baby's First Year” Package includes:
• Sessions at 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year
• After the final session you will also receive a story board with your favorite image from each session
Two options are available for portrait sessions:
Signature Session: $275 Includes approximately one hour of photography time
Deluxe Session: $475 Includes 2-3 hours of photography time, allowing for travel to multiple locations
Portrait Sessions take place at the location of your choice, and include unlimited clothing changes. I recommend that you choose locations where you will feel comfortable, that have a view that you love or that have special meaning for you. Suggestions include your home, a local park, an urban scene in Chicago or Illinois, a rural scene or somewhere you are involved in an activity (ie. football field, hockey rink, dance studio, local lake, etc.). Choose a location that is special to you and where you can relax and be yourself. I also have a long list of recommendations of local spots that are great for portrait sessions. Professional editing of all images from your session is included. Approximately two weeks after your session, these images will be put into a password protected gallery where you and your family will be able to view them and order prints at your convenience.
This session fee does not include prints. Please contact me for a full price list.
Please visit the wedding packages page
Please contact for further inquiries
The Super Tiny Fine Print:
- Please note half of the session fee is due when reserving a date and the remaining balance is due at the time of the session. Acceptable payments are cash, check, Paypal, Chase QuickPay, credit card or debit cards (2.75% charge for using credit/debit card)
- There is no travel fee if the round trip travel from my location (Chicago, IL) to the photography site is less than 10 miles. For travel over 10 miles round trip from my location, additional travel fees will apply. Please contact me for additional information regarding travel fees
- Prints, books, etc are not included in the session fee unless otherwise stated
- Digital files are delivered on a reusable 8GB flash drive
- Number of images can vary depending on the session (on average 35 photos or more will be delivered for portraits, 350 or more for weddings)
- Images are hand-edited based on artistic preference for what suits the photo and will be a combination of color and black and white
- Images are lightly retouched for any obvious blemishes or abnormalities, if needed. I do not provide any airbrushing services
- Please be aware that Michael Nguyen Photography reserves the right to use images for self-marketing purposes only including, but not limited to, blogs, online portfolio and self-promotional pieces